The Chicago Bar Foundation
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: $50,000 annual salary with medical benefits included. One-year employment commitment with additional years if the grant is renewed.
Submission Deadline: 07/24/2012
As part of a new AmeriCorps award from the Serve Illinois Commission, The Chicago Bar Foundation (CBF) is hiring for a new position, the Illinois JusticeCorps Program Coordinator. The Illinois JusticeCorps Program Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day program functions, directing member recruitment and training activities and providing direction and leadership of the JusticeCorps members and additional volunteers who will assist people without lawyers in various legal court-based help centers throughout Cook County.
Illinois JusticeCorps is an innovative new program to enhance access to justice for the growing number of unrepresented people in the courts by empowering and training student volunteers and AmeriCorps members to help people without lawyers navigate the court system. Illinois JusticeCorps is modeled after the successful California JusticeCorps program, which has demonstrated that AmeriCorps members can assist in providing access to the legal system for those who lack legal representation.
* Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, motivate and retain 28 minimum-time AmeriCorps members working eight hours per week at various locations around Cook County helping people with legal questions and problems.
* Hire, train, evaluate, motivate and retain one to two full-time AmeriCorps members to help people navigate the courthouse, answer questions and deal with legal problems.
* Create and implement mechanisms to gather data for regular reports to AmeriCorps on the progress of the project.
* Coordinate with partner organizations (including pro bono and legal aid organizations, the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Cook County Law Library and local college, university and law school partners) who are working cooperatively with the CBF to meet the goals of the JusticeCorps program.
* Ensure all project stakeholders are informed and engaged throughout the project start-up and initial phase of the work.
* Work within the budget (and assist with budget management) allocated for the JusticeCorps program.
* Track expenses and report regularly.
* Create and implement mechanisms to evaluate the success of client interactions.
* Create and deliver appropriate training programs for AmeriCorps members and volunteers to ensure quality services to clients.
* Law degree or significant experience within the court system or government is strongly preferred.
* Previous experience with AmeriCorps programs.
* Experience administering federal grants.
* Experience with program development.
* Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
How to Apply
The Chicago Bar Foundation is an equal opportunity employer seeking to build a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve. Submit a resume and cover letter to Malou Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org; please put "resume" in the subject line. To ensure consideration of your application, please apply by Tuesday, July 24, 2012; however this position will remain open until filled.
|Click on the link(s) below to open the attached files.|
|JusticeCorps Program Coordinator Job Description July 2012.docx||OCX||19.3KB|
Last updated: July 11, 2012
Printed from: www.illinoislegaladvocate.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=jobs.showJobDetails&jobID=796